MATT, SHARI, SARAH (7), ANNA (4)
Everyday is such a gift! We are so blessed! God's has blessed us with two beautigul healthy girls! Sarah was born in Magnitogorski, Russia and grew in our hearts until she came home at 7.5 months. What an amazing blessing and experience. Then in 2006 Anna Faith, who is also Russian, was born in Semey, Kazakhstan and came home in 2008 at 16 months old. Life is full and every step of our adoptions we knew was being lead by God. When you go to the orphanges and see these little ones, you look in their eyes and you know they just need a family. It turns out that you are the ones blessed and we are so in awe of God's grace in our lives. Which brings us to today. Long story, thanks to my girl friend Sue. God opened our hearts and we are now bringing Samatha Noel Ying home! Every child deserves the love, hugs and future a family brings. If you even think God is speaking to you about adoption, open your heart and let the blessings pour in!



Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It is official!



After an early breakfast and probably Samantha’s first time in a restaurant, we returned to the Civil affairs office and signed the papers, Su Zi Ying is now Samantha Noel Ying Conley! 

 When we returned to the Civil Affairs Office it was explained to Ying Ying that she would see the caretaker from her orphanage and say goodbye.  Jane, our translator was a little concerned that Ying Ying may become upset.  When we walked in I was carrying her and she did not even ask to get down and go and see the women.  She was very content with us and playing with the girls. She did not get upset at all when they left and was sticking very close to us making sure she was with us.   I think they were surprised that we now had three girls, as this of course would never happen in China.  Some people kept asking us if now we had three girls and looked very surprised.  After the official paper signing we returned to the hotel and played and played and Samantha took a big nap! 

Things we have learned about Samantha:

1.        She knows how to blow bubbles!  And said Pop!

2.       She thinks my camera is an I Phone and keeps trying to move the screen with her finger!

3.       She is good at sharing.

4.       She laughs a lot.

5.       She is still two at heart as the game of pick-up is still amusing to her.

6.       She can really kick a ball!

7.       She knows how to place her finger at her lips and say shhh.

8.       She talks a lot, although we do not know what she is saying.  Today I ask the caregiver what she was saying and they could not figure it out either so I didn’t feel so bad!

9.       She knows what she wants and politely shakes her head “no”

10.   She likes yogurt!



Sarah and Anna are doing great!  Sarah has really shown her motherly side as is very caring towards Samantha.  On the other hand sweet little Anna is a little jealous, and she will even tell you so, but she is very loving towards Samantha as well. 

Samantha will call out “Mama” and responds to me very well to meet her needs and play. She has also shown affection to a small degree.  They have told us that the Chinese people are very private and she probably is not use to being hugged and kissed, I said well she will have to get use to that, and she loves the attention.  She is very interested in Matt and always tries to get his attention, she responds to him very nicely. 

We know God must have big plans for her and we thank Him for the opportunity to be a part of her life!




5 comments:

Angela said...

So glad to hear that her transition went well; she is beautiful and she looks so happy! Keep the updates coming. Angela

kristen said...

Congratulation on your newest member!! She is adorable! It's so wonderful to see another little one in the arms of her family! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your trip.
Kristen (from the Suzhou yahoo group)

Leslie Lynn said...

What a great first day! I am so happy for you. She is as cute as a button and her smile is so wonderful to see. Thanks for sharing pictures and your trip with us. Leslie-

Brenda said...

Hi Family! It's Beatrice, your other black haired daughter! I am very anxious to meet Samantha and, of course, I do miss Sarah and Anna very much. Samantha is cute and looks like she will be a fun playmate for me! I am having a good time here with my mom, Lynde and Great Grandma, Promise and the other 3 dogs. There is never a dull moment. Today I went to Petsmart and that sure was fun. I miss all of you very much, but do know that I am having a lot of fun while you are away! Can't wait to see my new "sister" and to reunite with all of you. Hugs and Licks to everyone! Love, Beatrice

Mom to my China Posse said...

Glad to hear its going so well. Alivis is doing real well too! I am looking on Friday to meeting you all. Kathy

Samantha April 2011

Samantha April 2011
Samantha's Update! She is reported to be healthy and extroverted- oh no! We are excited she will be home soon!

Who we all have been waiting for! Samantha - "One who listens to God"

Who we all have been waiting for!                       Samantha - "One who listens to God"
Sitting Pretty waiting for my heart to be taken!

Timeline to Samantha

Timeline to Samantha
Found "Noel", LOI - 10/04/10, I797 approved 12/30/10, LID - 2/15/11, LSC April 4, 2011!!!, Article 5 May 30, June 1 waiting on TA, Happy Birthday Samantha we received our TA today June 22 on your 3rd B-day!

Our Kiddos .......................................... Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old

Our Kiddos ..........................................   Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old
Sarah Beth, our amazingly smart and sweet girl. Next to swinging and playing outside she loves to play in her butterfly garden and jounal about her butterflies. She is a good lizard catcher, loves animals and is very kind to them. Sarah also enjoys gymnastics and musical theatre. Sarah is our comfort and joy. We love you Sarah!

Anna Faith - 4 years old

Anna Faith - 4 years old
Anna is the happiest little camper around! Anna wakes up smiling and singing and goes to bed smiling and singing! She loves her big sister and her school. Anna is a petite little girl with a big spirit. Anna loves helping mommy plant flowers, mostly she likes the water and mud! Anna is our heart smile! We love you Anna!

Matt

Matt
I guess you knew there was a Dad! Matt currently works from home for a wonderful mission, BTJ. They actually work within China! We are very blessed by having the people he works for in our lives. Pella and Evie are wonderful examples and friends.

Beatrice

Beatrice
Beatrice, our third child is from Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetto, FL. What a wonderful organization-please support them! Beatrice is 2 yrs. old and was trained as a guide dog, but did not pass her hip evaluation so she is now an Ambassador for Southeastern Guide Dogs. We are receiving training to take Beatrice to the Children's hospital, Children Story Time and other venues. This has always been something I have wanted to do and now my girls get to share and learn how we can all help each other.

About the Mom...I love being a mom, it is the best thing in the world! I look forward to every minute I can spend with my girls. My days are full as I work full time with a great company, Novo Nordisk. I represent the greatest products for people with Diabetes. I must say I have been blessed by having the greatest Manager and partner anyone could ask for. Things that make me me..my Faith and my family. I love you Mom! My hobbies and things I get lost in include photography, gardening, cyclying, the beach, fishing and vacations!I have some of the greatest friends! My wish is to make a difference every day in these precious little lives, for they have forever touched me.