MATT, SHARI, SARAH (7), ANNA (4)
Everyday is such a gift! We are so blessed! God's has blessed us with two beautigul healthy girls! Sarah was born in Magnitogorski, Russia and grew in our hearts until she came home at 7.5 months. What an amazing blessing and experience. Then in 2006 Anna Faith, who is also Russian, was born in Semey, Kazakhstan and came home in 2008 at 16 months old. Life is full and every step of our adoptions we knew was being lead by God. When you go to the orphanges and see these little ones, you look in their eyes and you know they just need a family. It turns out that you are the ones blessed and we are so in awe of God's grace in our lives. Which brings us to today. Long story, thanks to my girl friend Sue. God opened our hearts and we are now bringing Samatha Noel Ying home! Every child deserves the love, hugs and future a family brings. If you even think God is speaking to you about adoption, open your heart and let the blessings pour in!



Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oops!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good day from China.  Well the girls are great, Matt is good and me, well Mommy- I probably have a broken foot.  We were going to breakfast yesterday and I completely missed the large marble step.  The theory is the marble floors have slick and tight places, I think I missed the step and could not recover because my other foot got stuck on the marble.  I must not have been the first person that has fallen at this spot because they have two people standing there warning you to “watch your step”, Matt heard them but I did not.  I was holding Samantha’s hand and somehow managed not to take her down with me.  It was one of those moments where I was in shock and thought, oh my goodness; I am hurt and can’t get up.  I sat on the floor for what seemed like a long time until they could get me to the couch area.  I knew I was hurt, but thankfully no bones protruding or cuts.  Our translator took me to the Chinese bone hospital, now that was an experience. I want to thank our wonderful travel companions, Kathy and Keith and their families, instead of going to the zoo they went with me to the bone hospital, I so appreciated their companionship and support.   Not all was lost because the bone hospital was a zoo itself-what an experience you probably want to avoid.  I had decided I did not want an x-ray because, what could they do anyways?  The doctor said he did not think I broke any large bones-wow what about the small ones, it is my foot.  The doctor put some herbal spray on it and wrapped it and then gave me a plastic boot.  I do think I broke something as it is extremely swollen and I cannot place any weight at all on it.  I am hoping it is just a really bad sprang.  It hurts, but I am taking Arnica and Ibuprofen and I can make it until we get home.  I am in a wheel chair; Samantha thinks it is the new stroller!  I am thankful I did not hurt my back or my leg.  Meghann if you are reading this I am going to email you to see if you can take me straight to the ER when we get back on Friday night.  Please keep us in your prayers.  Can you believe I got hurt, so aggrevated! 

Well no more shopping or sightseeing now, very disappointed, but we are all here together and Samantha is amazing so all is still good.








We had to get up this morning super early to go to the US Consulate for our oath ceremony.  I will say you get special attention when you are in a wheelchair with two little girls on your lap and one holding your hand.  I would rather forgo the attention and be able to run with my girls.  I was so looking forward to walking in Guangzhou and taking pictures.  I am still trying to find how I can get the pictures! 

We are now officially finished with our adoption here in China.  When we land in the USA Samantha will be a US citizen!

All for now.  Love to All, Matt, Shari, Sarah Anna and Samantha




6 comments:

Nancy said...

Sis! Well, what do you say to all that! Let us know when you need Mom down there! I know you talked to her and David! The wedding went beautiful, will send pictures soon! Hope your homecoming is very uneventful! Love All

Leslie Lynn said...

You did whaaaaat?! Oh Shari I just can't believe it. You broke your foot? Oh my, oh my, oh my. Thank goodness Matt is there. I will just keep praying for your trip and your girls and your poor foot. From all the pictures it seems that Samantha has been with y'all always. What a wonderful transition. Don't forget to take a picture of you in that wheelchair. Maybe one day in the future it will make you smile:-)
Love from Florida, Leslie-

Kelly said...

Shari, Congratulations on your beautiful China Doll!! We've been out of town so I'm just catching up on your blog. Samantha looks to be doing amazing!! Like you said in one your posts...a perfect fit. It's amazing how God puts families together!! So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are doing better.

Michael said...

Mama, mom and I are reading your last post. Hope you get good news about your foot. Keep slathering on the arnica!!!
Have a safe trip home and let us know how everyone is doing. Love you all :) call when you can!

Mom to my China Posse said...

How was your trip home. been thinking of you. How is your foot? I have some pictures to send you, Kathy

Tamara said...

Shari, I have been reading your posts from day 1. Your family has a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. Enjoy every precious second with with your family. God Bless all of you

Samantha April 2011

Samantha April 2011
Samantha's Update! She is reported to be healthy and extroverted- oh no! We are excited she will be home soon!

Who we all have been waiting for! Samantha - "One who listens to God"

Who we all have been waiting for!                       Samantha - "One who listens to God"
Sitting Pretty waiting for my heart to be taken!

Timeline to Samantha

Timeline to Samantha
Found "Noel", LOI - 10/04/10, I797 approved 12/30/10, LID - 2/15/11, LSC April 4, 2011!!!, Article 5 May 30, June 1 waiting on TA, Happy Birthday Samantha we received our TA today June 22 on your 3rd B-day!

Our Kiddos .......................................... Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old

Our Kiddos ..........................................   Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old
Sarah Beth, our amazingly smart and sweet girl. Next to swinging and playing outside she loves to play in her butterfly garden and jounal about her butterflies. She is a good lizard catcher, loves animals and is very kind to them. Sarah also enjoys gymnastics and musical theatre. Sarah is our comfort and joy. We love you Sarah!

Anna Faith - 4 years old

Anna Faith - 4 years old
Anna is the happiest little camper around! Anna wakes up smiling and singing and goes to bed smiling and singing! She loves her big sister and her school. Anna is a petite little girl with a big spirit. Anna loves helping mommy plant flowers, mostly she likes the water and mud! Anna is our heart smile! We love you Anna!

Matt

Matt
I guess you knew there was a Dad! Matt currently works from home for a wonderful mission, BTJ. They actually work within China! We are very blessed by having the people he works for in our lives. Pella and Evie are wonderful examples and friends.

Beatrice

Beatrice
Beatrice, our third child is from Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetto, FL. What a wonderful organization-please support them! Beatrice is 2 yrs. old and was trained as a guide dog, but did not pass her hip evaluation so she is now an Ambassador for Southeastern Guide Dogs. We are receiving training to take Beatrice to the Children's hospital, Children Story Time and other venues. This has always been something I have wanted to do and now my girls get to share and learn how we can all help each other.

About the Mom...I love being a mom, it is the best thing in the world! I look forward to every minute I can spend with my girls. My days are full as I work full time with a great company, Novo Nordisk. I represent the greatest products for people with Diabetes. I must say I have been blessed by having the greatest Manager and partner anyone could ask for. Things that make me me..my Faith and my family. I love you Mom! My hobbies and things I get lost in include photography, gardening, cyclying, the beach, fishing and vacations!I have some of the greatest friends! My wish is to make a difference every day in these precious little lives, for they have forever touched me.