MATT, SHARI, SARAH (7), ANNA (4)
Everyday is such a gift! We are so blessed! God's has blessed us with two beautigul healthy girls! Sarah was born in Magnitogorski, Russia and grew in our hearts until she came home at 7.5 months. What an amazing blessing and experience. Then in 2006 Anna Faith, who is also Russian, was born in Semey, Kazakhstan and came home in 2008 at 16 months old. Life is full and every step of our adoptions we knew was being lead by God. When you go to the orphanges and see these little ones, you look in their eyes and you know they just need a family. It turns out that you are the ones blessed and we are so in awe of God's grace in our lives. Which brings us to today. Long story, thanks to my girl friend Sue. God opened our hearts and we are now bringing Samatha Noel Ying home! Every child deserves the love, hugs and future a family brings. If you even think God is speaking to you about adoption, open your heart and let the blessings pour in!



Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

We have safely landed!


  We left Fort Myers at 9:15am for the airport and took off at 11:30am.  We flew from Ft. Myers to Detroit had a couple hours layover and then took off on our 14 hour flight to Shanghai, China.  I was able to ask in Detroit for a Bulk head seat and it was available so we were able to have extra  leg room on our long flight. 


The girls did great!  After a while I was encouraging them to sleep and Sarah kept looking out saying, “but it is not night time.  It never was night time for us on the flight.  The girls were able to sleep awhile so that was great!  Mom and Dad not so much as Anna was laying in our lap and she is a wiggle worm!  I was walking around and looked out the window and saw beautiful snow capped mountains; I asked where we were as we were almost over Siberia!  Wow that sounds familiar as about 6.5 years ago to bring Sarah home.  We probably went over Kazakhstan too.  When we landed in Shanghai the customs was very seamless and then we had a four hours layover.  It was very interesting being in deep China.  Sue had told me the people would be very interested in seeing and touching Sarah and Anna, she was right.  We felt like celebrities.  Several ladies reached out to hold the girls hands.  We felt very welcomed and the people were very inviting. 


While we were waiting in Shanghai the girls found two sisters and a little boy (who was very funny) to play with.  It is very surprising how many people speak some English.  Even the little 11 year old girl had very good English.  They are very proud of this.




Our hotel is nice on the inside, much like a Marriott.  We were glad to see the breakfast buffet this morning.  Matt and Sarah tried the noodle in broth, it was a big hit!! Anna and Mommy stuck to American cuisine.  They must have thought we were starved because we put away quite a bit of food.  It was rainy today so we took advantage of our day of rest.  The pollution is very bad and we have been told that Nanjing is one city in China where you can sometime see blue skies now and then-not today.  I can’t imagine not seeing blue skies.  There is a very tall tower, looks like the space needle, right outside the window of our hotel.  The pollution is so bad we have only been able to see it all a few times today.   Everyone here must have vit. D defiency, good I brought our Vit. D supplement.

Everyone took a nap today, a much needed nap I must say.  Matt has the DVD player hooked up to the TV so the girls have been enjoying watching new videos.  I also brought a blow-up beach ball and we had fun playing ball.  I filled each of the girl’s backpacks with new toys and all has been a hit.  Especially Sarah’s Polly Pockets.  Thank you to the Perez family for Anna’s Dora little backpack!!!  It has travel to China with us and she is very attached to it!  You all really showered her for her birthday along with Sonia and our families, thank you everyone for making her day special. 

Tomorrow is GOTCHA DAY!   We are a little nervous.  Samantha will have a long and busy morning as they have said she will have to leave on the train from her city around 6:00am.  They said she may not have eaten so I should bring food.  I have a list of questions that they will answer for us.  When I asked Sarah what else I should ask she said, “ask if she bites and kicks” I hope the answer is no!  We should arrive at the civil affairs office after breakfast and a few morning errands and then they will bring her to us.  Should be interesting to say the least!  Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  We should meet her at 10:00am Monday morning which will be 10:00pm Sunday night in the US.

Love to All, Matt, Shari, Sarah and Anna

3 comments:

Leslie Lynn said...

Yea! I am so glad you got there safely. I love the photo of the girls asleep in bed. I couldn't help but notice the crib set up right next to them. I remember looking at the empty crib in my room and anticipating meeting our new daughter. What an exciting feeling. Little Samantha will soon be surrounded by your love.
Thanks for the update. You are on our mind and in our prayers.

Angela said...

Glad to hear you guys got there safely; now hurry up and UPDATe ALREADY, you're killing us here. I want to see pictures of that sweet girl with her forever family!
Angela
www.calliecomeshome.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Thank you Shari for the update. The pictures bring your words to life so keep them coming! It is 7:30 p.m. Monday night here so it should be 7:30 a.m. Tuesday there? I am anxiously awaiting new pictures and new posts so I hope you are getting up and writing soon! HAHA! Can't stand it! Many blessings and prayers!

Samantha April 2011

Samantha April 2011
Samantha's Update! She is reported to be healthy and extroverted- oh no! We are excited she will be home soon!

Who we all have been waiting for! Samantha - "One who listens to God"

Who we all have been waiting for!                       Samantha - "One who listens to God"
Sitting Pretty waiting for my heart to be taken!

Timeline to Samantha

Timeline to Samantha
Found "Noel", LOI - 10/04/10, I797 approved 12/30/10, LID - 2/15/11, LSC April 4, 2011!!!, Article 5 May 30, June 1 waiting on TA, Happy Birthday Samantha we received our TA today June 22 on your 3rd B-day!

Our Kiddos .......................................... Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old

Our Kiddos ..........................................   Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old
Sarah Beth, our amazingly smart and sweet girl. Next to swinging and playing outside she loves to play in her butterfly garden and jounal about her butterflies. She is a good lizard catcher, loves animals and is very kind to them. Sarah also enjoys gymnastics and musical theatre. Sarah is our comfort and joy. We love you Sarah!

Anna Faith - 4 years old

Anna Faith - 4 years old
Anna is the happiest little camper around! Anna wakes up smiling and singing and goes to bed smiling and singing! She loves her big sister and her school. Anna is a petite little girl with a big spirit. Anna loves helping mommy plant flowers, mostly she likes the water and mud! Anna is our heart smile! We love you Anna!

Matt

Matt
I guess you knew there was a Dad! Matt currently works from home for a wonderful mission, BTJ. They actually work within China! We are very blessed by having the people he works for in our lives. Pella and Evie are wonderful examples and friends.

Beatrice

Beatrice
Beatrice, our third child is from Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetto, FL. What a wonderful organization-please support them! Beatrice is 2 yrs. old and was trained as a guide dog, but did not pass her hip evaluation so she is now an Ambassador for Southeastern Guide Dogs. We are receiving training to take Beatrice to the Children's hospital, Children Story Time and other venues. This has always been something I have wanted to do and now my girls get to share and learn how we can all help each other.

About the Mom...I love being a mom, it is the best thing in the world! I look forward to every minute I can spend with my girls. My days are full as I work full time with a great company, Novo Nordisk. I represent the greatest products for people with Diabetes. I must say I have been blessed by having the greatest Manager and partner anyone could ask for. Things that make me me..my Faith and my family. I love you Mom! My hobbies and things I get lost in include photography, gardening, cyclying, the beach, fishing and vacations!I have some of the greatest friends! My wish is to make a difference every day in these precious little lives, for they have forever touched me.