MATT, SHARI, SARAH (7), ANNA (4)
Everyday is such a gift! We are so blessed! God's has blessed us with two beautigul healthy girls! Sarah was born in Magnitogorski, Russia and grew in our hearts until she came home at 7.5 months. What an amazing blessing and experience. Then in 2006 Anna Faith, who is also Russian, was born in Semey, Kazakhstan and came home in 2008 at 16 months old. Life is full and every step of our adoptions we knew was being lead by God. When you go to the orphanges and see these little ones, you look in their eyes and you know they just need a family. It turns out that you are the ones blessed and we are so in awe of God's grace in our lives. Which brings us to today. Long story, thanks to my girl friend Sue. God opened our hearts and we are now bringing Samatha Noel Ying home! Every child deserves the love, hugs and future a family brings. If you even think God is speaking to you about adoption, open your heart and let the blessings pour in!



Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Got Her!

July 18, 2011

I have to admit both I and Matt were very nervous about today.  As it turns out we were the only family in Jiangsu meeting their child today in the civil affairs office, so some of the other stories you see and hear will be quite different than ours.  We had arrived at the Civil Affairs office and were waiting on her, it was a little past time and then I looked outside and I saw this little black head wearing an old orange shirt being led by two women.  Ying Ying (Samantha) was sporting a little red bear pack back.  I was overwhelmed when she stepped in the room and I am sure Matt was as well but I couldn’t take my eyes off of Ying Ying. 

Sarah was completely in love with her the first moments and did not want to leave her side.  Ying Ying was very responsive and came with me to find her toys we had brought.  The little play phone was a big hit!  I just can’t tell you how thankful we all for all who have lifted Samantha and us up in prayer.  God answered!  Samantha was amazing.  The women could not get over the fact that she was so at ease with us and did not cry.  After staying for a while and talking with the caregivers that brought her we finished up some paperwork and then headed out.  The women said good bye and Samantha willingly went with us.  I had many questions for them about her and they answered all of them.  So far I know she is not allergic to any foods they know of, she pouts quietly to herself when she is mad (I am sure that won’t last long) she is a good eater, not very picky, sleeps well and is still working on the potty training.  They commented that she was a very good girl.  When I asked about the foster care they comments she had been in foster care for a month when she was first found, but then returned to the orphanage.  I still wonder, many signs point both ways.

 I asked them if she understood about the adoption and they said yes, to a good extent, commenting that they had talked to her several times and she was very smart. Now remember she just turned 3 on June 22.  I will say this; you can already tell she is very smart.  She speaks a dialect of Suzhou City but also understands Mandarin.  It is so cute to hear her talk, but of course I have no idea what she is saying.  We have still been able to communicate very well and you can tell she comprehends very well.  We returned to the hotel and just played in the room. 
The girls were great with her and they played great together.  She did not want to eat, but very curious.  After a while I gave Anna and Sarah a bath first and then gave Samantha one.  She was a little reluctant, but trusting.  She did great!  Oh now how she smells so clean!  I think she also felt so good after her bath.  She decided to try some goldfish after her bath and she almost ate the whole bag! 






 We got playing and you would not believe the laughter!  She laughed for so long and hard!  After the playing I placed her in bed and said the Chinese word for sleep, she wanted to play some more and when I would return to her side to say sleep-sleep she would look at me and say “MaMa” that is also the Chinese word for mommy.  I couldn’t believe it!  At first I thought she was calling for the caregiver, but then it became evident she was calling me.  God is amazing!

 Well I looked through the pictures and all of them are Samantha and the girls as Matt and I were snapping pictures and taking video.  We will post the video to YouTube when we return.  The day was amazing and if she smiles and laughs as much tomorrow it will make our day.  Her pictures don’t really show the real Samantha.  She is only a couple of inches shorter than Anna and does weigh more.  She is not chubby, but not thin as well-just right.  Her hair-well it needs to grow so we will see what I can do with it, at this point not much.  She has the cutest dimples when she smiles; they are real low on her face.  We thought her eyes may be crossed, but I don’t think so now, they are just really slanted.  She is fair skin and she is really adorable!  She is already such a blessing.  We have to return to the Civil Affairs Office in the morning early so I will now sign off.  Thank you all for your continued prayers.  Also keep Anna in your prayers as her bronchitis is very bad here and I decided to even start her antibiotics today. 

Love to all

Matt, Shari, Sarah, Anna and Samantha

Mom’s –We are so sorry we have not been able to get the sims card for the cell phone and that is why we have not called.  We will hopefully get one soon.  We Love You!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

We have been on her watching, just wanted to say we hope you all feel better soon! We will keep wathing.
Mom, Nancy, Dana and All

Samantha April 2011

Samantha April 2011
Samantha's Update! She is reported to be healthy and extroverted- oh no! We are excited she will be home soon!

Who we all have been waiting for! Samantha - "One who listens to God"

Who we all have been waiting for!                       Samantha - "One who listens to God"
Sitting Pretty waiting for my heart to be taken!

Timeline to Samantha

Timeline to Samantha
Found "Noel", LOI - 10/04/10, I797 approved 12/30/10, LID - 2/15/11, LSC April 4, 2011!!!, Article 5 May 30, June 1 waiting on TA, Happy Birthday Samantha we received our TA today June 22 on your 3rd B-day!

Our Kiddos .......................................... Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old

Our Kiddos ..........................................   Sarah Elizabeth Valentina - 7 years old
Sarah Beth, our amazingly smart and sweet girl. Next to swinging and playing outside she loves to play in her butterfly garden and jounal about her butterflies. She is a good lizard catcher, loves animals and is very kind to them. Sarah also enjoys gymnastics and musical theatre. Sarah is our comfort and joy. We love you Sarah!

Anna Faith - 4 years old

Anna Faith - 4 years old
Anna is the happiest little camper around! Anna wakes up smiling and singing and goes to bed smiling and singing! She loves her big sister and her school. Anna is a petite little girl with a big spirit. Anna loves helping mommy plant flowers, mostly she likes the water and mud! Anna is our heart smile! We love you Anna!

Matt

Matt
I guess you knew there was a Dad! Matt currently works from home for a wonderful mission, BTJ. They actually work within China! We are very blessed by having the people he works for in our lives. Pella and Evie are wonderful examples and friends.

Beatrice

Beatrice
Beatrice, our third child is from Southeastern Guide Dogs in Palmetto, FL. What a wonderful organization-please support them! Beatrice is 2 yrs. old and was trained as a guide dog, but did not pass her hip evaluation so she is now an Ambassador for Southeastern Guide Dogs. We are receiving training to take Beatrice to the Children's hospital, Children Story Time and other venues. This has always been something I have wanted to do and now my girls get to share and learn how we can all help each other.

About the Mom...I love being a mom, it is the best thing in the world! I look forward to every minute I can spend with my girls. My days are full as I work full time with a great company, Novo Nordisk. I represent the greatest products for people with Diabetes. I must say I have been blessed by having the greatest Manager and partner anyone could ask for. Things that make me me..my Faith and my family. I love you Mom! My hobbies and things I get lost in include photography, gardening, cyclying, the beach, fishing and vacations!I have some of the greatest friends! My wish is to make a difference every day in these precious little lives, for they have forever touched me.